how can i get an offical diagnosis for aspergers?

Posted by: staceyh1985 — about 7 years ago (1 comment)

You need to be logged in if you wish to contribute to the discussion.

hi there im a woman that's 27 years of age i live in the lake district, a lecturer and 2 nvq asserors and my old manager in west yorkshire have pointed out to me they noticed sings of aspergers in me. so i took and online AQ test in which i scored 43. i asked my GP about being tested for aspergers and got the response no one in the area tests for it go online and find help myslef, this comment disheartened me and i didnt know where to start looking or how to look. by chance i came across this site, im at a loss i dont know what to do or how to get a diagnosis to find out the truth its interfering with my life and really brining me down i would really appreciate it if anyone can tell me how i can get tested or if anyone in the lake district tests for it in adults i would to get answers and the appropriate support to help me. please if any one can help me it will be greatly appreciated.

kindest regards

stacey

Comments

Posted by: Felicity — about 7 years ago

Hello Stacey,

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to hear of the struggle you are having at the moment.

I am including a link here for an article called 'Your rights to a diagnosis' for you to have a look at.

If you would also like to email us on info@livingautism.co.uk, we will be able to give you further details on how to go about getting a diagnosis.

Felicity