Diagnosis

Posted by: SueLaughlin — over 4 years ago (5 comments)

You need to be logged in if you wish to contribute to the discussion.

Hi, a friend of mine suggested that I register with you.  I am 53 years old and having trouble with work so he has suggested that I get a diagnosis.  I would rather go privateely as I am not confident going through my GP, although he is very good.  I have looked on the diagnostic post code finder thingy but it hasn't come up with anything.  I live in Suffolk.  Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Comments

Posted by: manarm — about 4 years ago

Kristopjer Jones explains his own journey in coming to terms with an autism diagnosis as an adult

Hark My Words: Coming to Terms With being on the Spectrum Is Harder Than I Imangined 

Posted by: manarm — over 4 years ago

When an autism diagnosis comes in adulthood Three stories from people who were diagnosed in adulthood.

Posted by: manarm — over 4 years ago

Hello Aster

This short piece by NHS Choices gives you an idea of why a diagnosis might be helpful. It also has links to further infromation on the benefits of diagnosis.

Getting an autism diagnosis

Posted by: Aster — over 4 years ago

I'm 51 and undecided as to whether I need a diagnosis. I'm 100% sure after everything I've read etc. I think getting a diagnosis would just be for other people, especially family members.

Posted by: Felicity — over 4 years ago

Hello SueLaughlin.

Thank you for your post. I have sent you an email in response to this and the email that you sent.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to respond to the email or give us a call on 0800 756 2420.

Felicity