Posted by: shady — over 7 years ago (1 comment)

You need to be logged in if you wish to contribute to the discussion.

my son is 27, and he has serious trouble with girls. He thinks that if a girl speaks to him or smiles at him she fancies him.He can not be trusted alone with girls,and has no real idea of acceptable behavour. I am very afraid of him being jailed due to his problem,once he reached adulthood nobody gives a damn.All im told is well he,s an adult now,yes in body not in mind.I would like him to have some sort of medication to surpress his sexual urges.As i think prevention is preferable to cure.shady.


Posted by: Felicity — over 7 years ago

Hello Shady,

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like your son would benefit from some support about what is acceptable and unacceptable behaviour.

Does your son have a diagnosis of an Autistic Spectrum Condition?

He might also benefit from some therapeutic input such as discussing things with a counsellor who has experience working with individuals with autistic spectrum conditions and also from a local Asperger's group where he would be able to talk about situations amongst others that understand his condition and might have had similar experiences themselves.

If you would like to email me on with your contact details and postcode I will be able to give you further information including any local support groups in your area.