About Geoff Evans
Independent Trainer and Consultant
- 30 years working in the field of autism
- 20 years with the National Autistic Society
- 10 years with a specialist autism provider
- Qualifications in social work, management, training and development
- Delivered training for the NAS, universities, local authorities and teaching and care professionals
- Renowned national and international specialist trainer
- Shortlisted for the NAS Lifetime Achievement Award
Geoff tells us below about himself and his career –
“In the ‘70s I was a youth worker and social worker, before moving to the National Autistic Society, where I worked for over 21 years. Whilst working for the NAS I gained considerable experience working with children and young adults with autism. I also had the privilege of supporting families of people with autism including siblings. Over the past 11 years I have worked for Sheffield University as Senior Lecturer in Autism and latterly with the Options Group where I increased my experiences of adult services and quality and compliance.”
Training and Consultancy
Over the last 30 years Geoff has gained considerable experience as an autism consultant and trainer. His services have been used by Universities, the National Autistic Society, local authorities, providers of children and adult specialist services as well as parent groups.
“I cannot thank you enough for the workshop I attended on Saturday. Geoff was brilliant and I am going to try and put some of the things I learnt into practice”, Julie K, parent
“I would like to say thank you for the excellent workshop delivered by Geoff. Both myself and my colleague took away some valuable information to support us in our work with young people with ASD” Louise L, teacher
Some of the many specialist subjects covered by Geoff over and above autism understanding are –
- autism and sexuality in adolescence
- autism and wellbeing
- sensory perception and processing in young people with autism
- managing stress and anxiety for people with autism
- behaviour which challenges
- all aspects of supporting families of children with autism.
Geoff has also published articles in GAP (Good Autism Practice) and online for Network Autism.
In 2014 Geoff’s position as an expert in the field of autism was recognized when he was a finalist for the NAS lifetime achievement Award and the LiangBuission outstanding contribution award.
Geoff’s qualifications include a MEd (distinction) in Training and Development, Qualifications in social care at post-graduate level, Dip Management, Health and Safety, Leisure, and Outdoor Education.
Be first to review this faciliy!